Warm Green Lentil Salad with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
1 tbsp avocado oil
2 stalks celery diced
1 red capsicum diced
1 cup dried green lentils (rinsed)
2 3/4 cups home-made vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
Juice of ½ Lemon
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
2. Cut top of garlic head and place in foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil and close foil around garlic.
3. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Arrange tomatoes and onion in a single layer and drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Place garlic and tomato mixture in a preheated oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly shrivelled.
5. Carefully open garlic and allow to cool. Gently press garlic from clove and place in a small bowl, breaking garlic into smaller pieces with the back of a fork.
6. Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil. Add lentils and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
7. Add garlic, tomatoes, red onion, celery, red pepper to the bowl.
8. Make dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Whisk in salt and paper to taste. Toss with lentil mixture and serve.
This healthy and delicious warm salad really pack a punch in the flavour department and has all the necessary protein and carbs necessary for our healthy plant-based lifestyle.
Recipe from Wendy Polisi