Initially known as the Wesley Methodist Church it was built in a late Victorian style in 1890 at a cost of £2,695 The church has walls of brick and local granite with elaborate brick window surrounds. It also features gothic elements such as pointed arched entrances, a tall spire and pointed arched windows. The manse was built on the eastern side of the church in 1903 at a cost of £1,250in a matching architectural style Both buildings were funded by the Robinson family who held large commercial, land and legal interests in both Albany and Perth.
The complex, consisting of the church, hall and manse are heritage listed. The hall was built first in 1863 and then replaced in 1891, now known as Albert Hall. The church was opened the same year after replacing an earlier building, parts of which were incorporated into the hall.
The first organ was built in 1890 by Alfred Kirkland and installed at Wesley Church in 1894. Removed in 1966, it is now at the Lockyer Uniting Church.
The church is set close to the road with a symmetrical facade, a tower and spire. It has a steeply pitched roof, parapeted gable and wall buttresses. The stone masonry is finished with brick trim.The hall sits next to the church also has a symmetrical facade and a steeply pitched roof that includes a row of vents. It has a central arched doorway and five centred flat-topped windows above the door. The manse has a symmetrical façade, stone construction with painted brick quoining around windows and doors. There is a central portico with arched entrance, a verandah with decorative timber posts and frieze. The main roof is hipped and topped with four distinctive chimneys.
In 1977 the Methodist Church and the Presbyterian Church of Australia merged to form the Uniting Church of Australia
Source: Wikipedia Free Encylopdeia