For some who want to see the world there’s still one stumbling block that leaves them hesitant about seeing the world – their vegan lifestyle. Travelling as a vegan might seem daunting, but it’s actually quite fun and relatively easy. Here a a few tips to assist you.
- Visit the farmer’s market, you will find that many of them have TONS of beautiful, fresh produce.
- Research Using Pinterest & Instagram #vegantravel #vegan #rawvegan #fruit #fruitarian #veganeats #veganfoodspot #salad#dairyfree #eatclean #govegan #healthyfood #healthysnack #healthare some examples.
- Learn The Most Useful Phrases Is there egg/dairy/animal products in that? Put these useful phrases into your phone. Learn about local ingredients. Knowledge is power. Understanding local cuisine gives you a huge advantage in knowing what to look out for – especially with regards to ‘hidden’ ingredients in food. Knowing how food is traditionally prepared can help you ensure that the food on your plate is, in fact, vegan. For example, in many countries in East Asia, dishes that appear to be vegan – noodles, tofu, and so on – are often cooked in fish broth, and Europeans use butter in almost everything.
- Pack a big ziplock bag of vegan treats to carry everywhere you go. This is especially important if you are travelling on a plane. Vegan plane food is not necessarily healthy food.
- Notify Your Accommodation. Before booking your accommodation online get in touch with the accommodation management or customer service team and make enquiries on how vegan travel friendly they are. Email the local tourism board to find vegan restaurants and shops. Ask if they keep a list of viable options that you can access before making the decision to visit.
- Search For Health Shops At Your Destination. Use websites and applications like Google Maps and Foursquare to find useful information like natural food stores and health food shop locations before you leave home, so you have a smooth transition when you arrive to your destination, This.will save you from using up your precious relaxation time to hunt for them whilst you’re there. While you are there, stock up on boxed almond milk, snack bars, nut butter, kale chips, and other vegan snacks. You never know when you’ll have another opportunity, so take advantage.
- Follow Vegan Travel Blogs! The best way to find out the best and most current information about vegan travel is to read the blogs of people who are doing it right now.
- Don't forget about toiletries! You will also want to make sure the toiletries you bring are vegan-friendly..
With a little advance planning, you can have a stress-free vacation - because the last thing you want to do on vacation is be worrying about where to find food.
At HideAway Haven we will give you the very best start every morning with a vegan breakfast menu cooked to perfection by your vegan hostesses. Come back at the end of a day of sightseeing and enjoy a vegan RAW sweet treat with your tea or coffee on your deck.