- 1 1/2 cups tri color quinoa or quinoa flakes (for flakes use cooking directions on packet),
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries (or any other kind of dried fruit)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- Honey, to serve
Combine quinoa and 4 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in milk, apricot and cranberries. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir in sugar.
Spoon porridge into bowls. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios. Drizzle with honey. Serve