The Western Australia Heritage Month runs from 18 April – 18 May 2013. Here are some activities in Albany.
• Open days at Mouchemore Cottage.
The cottage is next to the Western Australian Museum Albany and will be open for the community to view from 12.30-4pm on April 21 and 28 and May 5.
Group bookings outside these hours can be made by contacting Katy Richter at the City of Albany on 9841 9257.
• For the Record: The Albany History Collection invites the public to enter its free local history competition. Submissions of about 500 words (written or oral) will be accepted from all ages. Entries close Friday, May 17. For more information phone 9841 9327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Heritage in Albany and WA today: A free panel discussion presented by the WA Museum Albany from 5.30-7pm on Thursday, May 9 at the Co-op Building in Residency Road, Albany.
• Albany History Walk: An informative and entertaining walk through Albany’s historic centre, 10am-noon Monday to Saturday from Thursday, April 18 to Saturday, May 18. Bookings on 0407 397 484 or email email@example.com
• Night Tours of Albany Old Convict Gaol: 8-10pm daily from Thursday, April 18 to Saturday, May 18. Bookings on 0407 397 484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Free entry Sundays at the Old Farm, Strawberry Hill: 10am-4pm, April 21, 28 April, May 5, 12.
• Stories of heritage buildings in Albany: St John’s Church, York Street, 3-5pm, Tuesday, April 23 to Thursday, May 2. Bookings 9841 4844 or email email@example.com
• New Hat for an Old Lady: An open day on Saturday, May 4 at the Old Farm, Strawberry Hill for people to see the completed roof and hear a talk by the project architect. Gates open at 10am.
• Cryptic Heritage Challenge Walking Tour: From 10-11.30am and 1.30-3pm on Tuesday, May 14, starting at the Co-op Building, WA Museum Albany. More details www.museum.wa.gov.au
• Skywest lecture: 5.30-6.30pm on Thursday, May 16 at the Old Post Office at the UWA campus in Stirling Street. Bookings on 9842 0850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A booklet covering all events throughout WA during this month is available from the Albany Visitor Centre
All photo's from Google Images