Here are five good reasons to have a handful of blueberries every day.
- Research shows blueberries can reduce the risk of heart attacks and stroke.
- Blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants and contain the health-promoting phytochemical, anthocyanin.
- Blueberries are a good source of vitamin C, which is important for strengthening the immune system.
- They are a good source of both soluble and insoluble fibre, and can help improve the health of your bowel and keep cholesterol levels in check.
- Blueberries also supply you with the trace mineral manganese.
From Body & Soul