We are always on the look out for new recipes to put on our breakfast menu. This is one of our latest. A few fans on Facebook have asked for the recipe so here it is.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely diced capsicum - red, yellow, green
- Handful cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Diced Bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a frypan over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender.
- Spread Cheddar cheese in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer with capsicum, sauteed onion, bacon,and halved cherry tomatoes. In a bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ingredients, but do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 50 - 60 minutes, or until no longer runny in the center and slightly brown on top. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve. Sprinkle with smokey paprika and garnish with micro greens
Can be frozen and reheated in microwave.