Bircher Muesli, a traditionally Swiss breakfast., is a great, delicious and nutritious start to your day. Great for preparing in advance, this simple breakfast is great for those mornings you are on the go!
This has become a firm favourite with our guests. I love making it for them because I always make enough for me as well.
I don't normally measure my ingredients but I'll give it a go here
- 2 cups spelt oats (I like the spelt as it does not get soggy, but feel free to use whatever you like)
- 4 teaspoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons Goji berries
- 1 grated apple
- juice of 1 or 2 oranges
- almond milk (or milk of your choice) enough to cover all ingredients.
- optional Maple Syrup
Combine in a container and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Serve with coconut yogurt and fresh fruit (from our local markets). . My new favourite breakfast since starting our new lifestyle.