Winter is here and there is a huge range of different fresh produce at the market. We love to eat in season as the produce is fresher and generally cheaper. This was our lunch today. We still like to eat a RAW dish everyday.
For the salad:
- 4 heaping cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 2 red apples, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Dress the shredded vegetables and hemp seeds with dressing; you can use as much as you like, but make sure you coat everything well! Serve.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for the next. No leftovers for us.